Thursday, March 7, 2013

Microwave whats that?


What would happen if microwaves never happened?

                What if a microwave was never invented? For the first time in modern life we would have to actually cook our food on a stove or in an oven or actually over a fire like in the older days. Though some people still bbq out there which is great I love bbq. Another benefit to this would be no instant meals which would mean you would know what you are putting into an item to put on your table. There would be no possibility of something bad happening and lawsuits would be cut down a lot. And people would be so much healthier. The best thing for this world would be to eliminate all fat inducing items and microwaves cause a lot of it. Since microwaves emit a certain type of radiation which can cause a few types of cancer and health problems. Although it is rare it is possible for this to happen which would help account for the rising cancer reports in the world. Food would be healthier and cancer rates would drop to manageable levels. This would also take up less space on counter tops and have more materials for other things and less of them in landfills and garbage bins. Also if the time to take a frozen meal out of the freezer and pop it into a microwave was put toward preparing a meal you would be aware of how hungry you were and if that meal was worth preparing to eat, instead of just popping it in and eating it without thinking about what it is made of or where it came from. You wouldn’t even remember if you ate it later on in the day because the meal wasn’t memorable enough to register in your short term memory.

5 comments:

  1. The microwave is probably one of the most used utensils I use every day. From work to home uses, it allows me to easily heat up cold products without the use of heat. Instant foods that are easily microwavable are just plain disgusting and I don't ever have to deal with eating that junk. Yes food will be healthier because radiation from the microwave depletes the water found in the food to heat up the food but hey, its better than spending more time starving and wasting time waiting than it is to spend a minute heating it back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True sura but the one problem is that a microwave has the ability to emit to much radiation. this can be a very big problem for women that are pregnant.

      Delete
  2. I agree, Michael! I even use a microwave occasionally but I could survive without it. I think if we didn't have them we would put more thought and preparation into the food we eat. Like you said, we just pop something into the microwave without even thinking about it. A lot of the things we use a microwave for we could make in a healthier way and it wouldn't even take that much longer. Instead of heating up a fatty snack we could snack on fresh fruits and veggies instead. I know I would be fine if the microwave had never been invented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to could live without a microwave. I think people use it because they are lazy to try to cook an actual meal. In all reality though, people use it not only for cooking food but to defrost things. Or if you are baking and you have to soften butter or even completely melt it. Microwaves aren't necessarily what is making the earth a fatter place because you can by meals that go into the microwave with just as many vegetables as you can make at a regular meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have a good point,I mean i'm sure I would eat alot less if I didn't have a microwave. But whenever my mom makes leftover I like to warm them up. For instance pizza, I wouldn't want to turn the oven on to heat up two pieces. I haven't heard a whole lot on getting cancer from microwaves, but I guess I will have to look more into that subject. I think this was a very good invention to pick.

    ReplyDelete