Monday, March 4, 2013

Musically Inclined


Michael Sooter

The Thing That Makes Me Musical…

                The thing that describes me as being musical is the fact I love the way some notes flow together in a song while others are meant to cause a discordant sound which makes things reverberate with that wonderful off set tune. I’m weird in a way that I can feel which notes of an instrument need to be tuned whether they are sharp or flat I can feel them and hear the air prickle with their high or low waves whether they have a screeching high pitch like a clarinet or a low pounding sound of a tuba. I like to associate things with music and it’s easier to get things done when there is a fast paced melodious song that has a great beat and can be played in any situation. This is one reason why I like to work by myself because the songs I play may not be the songs others like or even understand. Foreign songs have a great flow to the music because most of the songs are sung in a romance language which has a certain degree of knowledge and effort put into it and it takes your mind off of a hard task and you see it in a different light than the few minutes before where it seemed impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment